Monday, February 2, 2009

Sometimes a piece of bread is just a piece of bread

I really like Andy the IT Guy but sometimes he goes overboard...

Andy the IT Guy is, of all the bloggers I read, the most practical. He isn't an analyst like the Securosis guys or a salesperson like most of the others. Or a ninja-type like the Hoff. He is a hands-on security person. Like me.

I find sometimes, I will be sitting in the traffic or walking down the street or shopping or whatever and thinking "there must be some Information Security parallel to this" and I get ready to blog about whatever it was. You can equate just about everything with Information Security. I'm sure that bloggers of all types go around thinking "...ooo..must blog about that..". There should be a support group. Maybe there is. Maybe it has a blog. I hope not.

By the way, Andy's advice about Information becoming "mixed" is really good advice and all companies should take note. I am about to start an Information Classification program and I shudder to think what it is that I will find. If everything was done right from the beginning ("pffft...") then it would be a simple thing to perform.

Andy, I totally agree with your observation, mate. But, sometimes just switch off and enjoy your breakfast. Even if it does taste slightly generic. I could use my own advice too. Maybe we should just give in to the addiction...

Now, what do fishpaste sandwiches have to do with Information Security? They smell funny but they are really good for you? Hmmmm....