Monday, July 23, 2007

The Customer is Always Wrong [Part Two]


Just to be fair...

I have a doctor I go to regularly now but I tried a few of them for a while and there were some who were so clever but just didn't listen to what I had to say.

They were obviously the experts but I figure I know me better than anyone and had they listened to me I think we, together, would have been able to find solutions better than just me alone or the doctor alone.

I think that, in information security too, you are always fighting someone somewhere but the secret to a good relationship is to listen to what the other people in the organisation have to say.

But never forget that you are the expert.

[Note: I was going to use a plaster/bandage for the little post image but I used a stethoscope because the point of this post is listening]

No comments: